The holidays are a time for family, friends, and of course, great holiday treats!
One of our favorite holiday recipes is peppermint mocha latte. This delicious drink is perfect for sipping by the fire or sharing with loved ones.
- 2 cups strong-brewed coffee (All Day Gourmet Espresso Blend)
- Half cup milk
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 oz. bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 2 drops peppermint oil or 2 tbsp. peppermint flavoring
- 2 crushed peppermint sticks or fine peppermint candy
- Combine coffee and ¼ cup of milk in a saucepan over low heat. Do not boil!
- Blend in cocoa powder, chocolate, sugar, and cook for 4 minutes (stirring frequently) until ingredients are fully melted.
- Add in peppermint flavoring or 2 drops of peppermint oil.
- Pour hot coffee mixture into mugs (4 - 6 cups depending on your ideal serving size).
- Warm remaining milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Using a whisk froth the milk until the desired amount of foam.
- With the froth top each mug with frothed milk and sprinkle on crushed peppermint sticks or candy
- Serve and enjoy!